This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||200 Depot St. Golden 80401|
|Section||s27, T3S, R70W|
|Source||Inventory Data Form, Dan Galbraith, April 1974 Hiwan Homestead Museum Library.|
|History||This Colorado Central Railroad brick freight office was erected in 1872. The building has a crude foundations and is probably the last existing structure in Jefferson County by the Colorado Central Railroad. This location is approximately where David K. Wall, Golden's first resident, moved in early 1859 and raised vegetables.|