This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||Jefferson County line at Sheridan Boulevard to Murphy Coal Mine, east of North table Mountain, and to Golden; later to west side of North Table Mountain.|
|Quad||Arvada, 1950; Golden, 1944, El Dorado Springs, 1965 (1971)|
|Section||S12, T3S, R69W; S1, T2S, R70W|
|Source||"Detailed Map: Railroads in the State of Colorado," published by Railroad Museum, 1969-1976; Wilkins, "Colorado Railroads," pp. 1-4; Arvada Historical Society, "More Than Gold," pp. 86-88 ; "Map of Early Railroads"; Crofutt, "Grip Sack Guide of Colorado," Vol. 2, 1966, pp. 35-36|
|History||The Colorado Central was the first railroad corporation in Colorado, organized in 1865. By December, 1870, the "Iron Horse" reached the community of Arvada. The line had been finished to Golden, and with narrow gauge to Blackhawk in December of 1872. Colorado Central was purchased by Union Pacific Denver and Gulf in 1890, and by Colorado and the Southern in 1899.|