This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||17155 W. 44th Ave., Golden 80401|
|Quad||Golden, 1965 (1994)|
|Section||S23, T4S, R70W|
|Source||Directory of State Register Places, 1997, Colorado Historical Society.|
|History||The 1881 Denver and Rio Grande Railroad Coach No. 83 operated for 83 years, fist as a passenger coach and then as a maintenance-of-way vehicle. It is only remaining car manufactured by Sharp and Jackson which has not been extensively rebuilt or altered.|