This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||17155 W. 44th Ave., Golden 80401|
|Quad||Golden, 1965 (1994)|
|Section||S23, T4S, R70W|
|Source||Directory of Sate Register Places, 1997, Colorado Historical Society.|
|History||Built in 1881 and important for its association with Colorado railroad history and for its engineering significance, the locomotive served 66 years with the D&RGW, the Rio Grande Southern, and the Colorado & Southern at various times during its service. Its last few months of service were between Dolores and McPhee on the Montezuma Lumber Co. Railroad, the last lumber railroad to operate in Colorado. It was listed on the State Register of Historic Places (5JF1013.9) on September 11, 1996.|