This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.

Colorado Railroad Museum – Denver & Rio Grande Western Railroad Locomotive No. 50


Address17155 W. 44th Ave., Golden 80401
QuadGolden, 1965 (1994)
SectionS23, T4S, R70W
Elevation5600
SourceDirectory of State Register Places, 1997, Colorado Historical Society
OtherNULL
SeealsoNULL
Initialdate1999-01-10 00:00:00-07
PersonKER
LatestdateNULL
Person2NULL
HistoryBuilt in 1937, by the Davenport Locomotive Works in Iowa, Locomotive No. 50 served Oregon until purchased by the D&RGW in 1963 and moved to Durango where it was used as a switcher until 1970. It is the only narrow gauge diesel locomotive ever owned by the D&RGW. It was listed on the State Register of Historic Places (5JF1013.10) on December 11, 1996.
PixNULL
LinkNULL
GislocNULL
Active1
LifecyclestatusActive