This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||17155 W. 44th Ave., Golden 80401|
|Quad||Golden, 1965 (1994)|
|Section||S23, T4S, R70W|
|Source||Directory of State Register Places, 1997, Colorado Historical Society.|
|History||Built in 1880, by the Baldwin Locomotive Works in Philadelphia, Locomotive No. 191 is important for its association with Colorado railroad history and for its engineering significance. It served the DSP&P and its successors for 22 years before being sold to a lumber company in Wisconsin. Acquired by the museum in 1973, it is the oldest, and one of the few surviving steam locomotives of the DSP&P, one of Colorado's most famous narrow gauge railroads. It was listed on the State Register of Historic Places (5JF1013.7) on December 11, 1996.|