This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||17155 W. 44th Ave., Golden 80401|
|Quad||Golden, 1965 (1994)|
|Section||S23, T4S, R70W|
|Source||Directory of State Register Places, 1997, Colorado Historical Society.|
|History||Important for its association with Colorado railroad history and for its engineering significance, this standard gauge combination baggage and passenger car was purchased as a rebuilt car in 1904, only 3 years after incorporation of the Great Western. The car hauled passengers for the railway in the early 1900s and was the only coach owned by GW Railway in the early years of its operation in northern Colorado. It was listed on the State Register of Historic Places (5JF1013.8) on September 11, 1996.|