This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||17155 W. 44th Ave., Golden|
|Quad||Golden, 1965 (1994)|
|Section||S23, T35, R70W|
|Source||Fanning, Mary, "Golden for the Times"; Brown, Georgina, "The Shining Mountains".|
|History||The Colorado Railroad Museum had its beginning in 1950. Co-founder Robert W. Richardson began accumulating railroad artifacts at Alamosa. Richardson believed too little was being done to save the bulk of this material so with the help of Cornelius Hauck opened the Colorado Railroad Museum in 1958. The museum has accumulated a number of locomotives, dining cars, and cabooses, several of which are listed on the State and National Registers.|