This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||N.W. corner of 16th & Maple Streets, Golden, 80401|
|Quad||Golden, 1965 (1994)|
|Section||S34, T3S, R70W|
|Source||CSM Office of Institutional Advancement, 3/2/92.|
|History||The original building was completed in 1964. It was funded by a $750,000 loan from the Department of House and Urban Development. The loan was repaid from revenues the use of the building generated. The building was originally called the College Union, but in May 1960 it was named for Ben H. Parker who was a geologist and had been a member of the Geology Department faculty. Dr. Parker was also the first graduate from the School of Mines to become the President of the school (1946-1950). He also served on the school's Board of Trustees from 1950-1969, and he was President of the Board of Trustees from 1957-1969.|