This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||Maple St., W. of Guggenheim Hall, Golden, 80401|
|Quad||Golden, 1965 (1994)|
|Section||S34, T3S, R70W|
|Source||"Denver Post," 9/5/54; CSM Office of Institutional Advancement, 6/20/89.|
|History||This building was opened on September 8, 1954. There is nothing exceptional about this building other than it is the first building on the Colorado School of Mines campus to be built specifically as a dormitory. It was built to house 84 students, and it also contains an apartment for the "house mother." The building was named in honor of A. Hartwell Bradford, a 1909 graduate of the school as well as a generous contributor to the school. Mr. Hartwell, who was awarded a Distinguished Achievement Medal in 1951, was a west coast oil executive who pioneered the development of natural gas extraction plants.|