This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||N.W. of N.W. corner of Maple and 12th Sts., Golden, 80401|
|Quad||Golden, 1965 (1994)|
|Section||S34, T3S, R69W|
|Source||CSM Office of Institutional Advancement, 6/20/89.|
|History||The field is built in an oval shape as many fields built for football are. The center section, the length of the football field, was built in 1922 with a $5,000 contribution from Ralph D. Brooks. Mr. Brooks was a trustee of the Colorado School of Mines from 1922-1924. The two end sections were added in 1929.|