|History||This is presently the oldest building on the Colorado School of Mines campus. It was built when Dr. Regis Chauvenet was the president. It was completed in 1894, and it was named by the legislature when they appropriated the $20,000 needed to build it. The original purpose was to use the building to teach physics and "draughting." It now houses Mineral Economics, Special Programs, and Continuing Education.
The architect for this building was a well known architect of his day, Robert S. Roeschlaub. He called the style of architecture "Victorian Romanesque." Mr. Roeschlaub also created a master plan for the campus. The builder was a well known local builder, Herbert Tracy Quick.
Unfortunately, when Hill Hall was built in 1958, it obscured the view of the Hall of Engineering from most parts of the campus.|