This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||From Denver to Leadville|
|Quad||Bailey, 1987; Kassler, 1965 (1985); Littleton, 1965 (1994); Pine, 1965 (1985); Platte Canyon, 1965 (1985)|
|Section||S36, T5S, R69W; S1, T7S, R72W|
|Elevation||c. 55000 -8500|
|Source||North Fork Volunteer Fire Department, "Recipes and Anecedotes," 1984.|
|Other||Denver, South Park & Pacific Railroad.|
|History||This line bought the Denver, Leadville & Gunnison Railroad in 1898, which had been the South Park Division of the Union Pacific Railroad in 1881. The name at the time of construction in 1878 was the Denver, South Park & Pacific Railroad. The Colorado & Southern Railroad operated until the line was discontinued in 1937.|