This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||1115 Washington Ave., Golden, 80401|
|Quad||Golden, 1965 (1994)|
|Section||S34, T3S, R70W|
|Source||Simmons and Whitacre, "The 1989 Survey of Historic Buildings in Downtown Golden."|
|History||This building was built in 1870 by George West and Dr. James Kelly. West used the second floor for his newspaper, "The Colorado Transcript," and Kelly used the main floor for his drug store. West bought out Kelly and took over the first floor for the newspaper. The newspaper operated in this building until 1967.|