This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||3232 N. Depew St., Wheat Ridge, 80212|
|Quad||Arvada 1965 (1980)|
|Section||S25, T3S, R69W|
|Source||Columbia Heights Fire Department Records|
|Other||Ye Olde Firehouse|
|Seealso||Wheat Ridge Fire Department|
|History||The Columbia Heights Civic Association organized the Columbia Heights Volunteer Fire Department in 1945. It included the area from Sheridan Boulevard to Harlan Street, 29th Avenue to 33rd Avenue. A fire house was built at 3232 North Depew Street. It was noted that fire calls would be received at Schmitts Grocery, 5451 West 32nd Avenue, at one time. This Department became part of the Wheat Ridge Fire District in 1974.|