This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||6201 S. Pierce, Littleton,|
|Quad||Littleton, 1965 (1980)|
|Section||S23, T5S, R69W|
|Source||Jefferson County School District; USGS Quad Map.|
|History||Located on South Pierce Street south of West Bowles, this school is part of the Jefferson County R1 School District. It opened in 1973 for grades 9-12 with a capacity of 1652 and had an addition built in 1995. It was named for the southern part of Jefferson County which is referred to as the Columbine area. On April 20, 1999, two student gunmen, Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris, went on a murderous rampage within the school killing 13 people and wounding 21 others before committing suicide.|