This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Quad||Kassler, 1965 (1985)|
|Source||Inspector's Report, 1949, Bureau of Mines|
|History||Owned by City of Denver and operated by Board of Water Commissioners. This tunnel is part of a water diversionary project. It was driven through a low hill and the total length is 2,860 feet. The formation is a fairly soft shale. The tunnel is lined with concrete with a foot diameter. Surface buildings include an office, store room, impresser room, shop, and generator room.|