This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||1st, 9345 Hwy. 285, Conifer, 80433 2nd, 26951 Barkley Rd., Conifer 80433 3rd, 10441 Cty. Rd. 73, Conifer 80433|
|Quad||Conifer, 1965 (1979)|
|Section||S7, T6S, R70W; S14, T6S, R71W|
|Source||Interview, William Knott, Jefferson County Library Director, 1994.|
|History||The first Conifer library was established by the Conifer Civic Club in the milk house at the Meyer Ranch in 1953. The library was later located in the Conifer Junction School ("The Little White School") from 1955 until l981. A 3.19 acre plot in Aspen Meadows was donated to Jefferson County by Norman and Ethel E. Meyer in 1968 and dedicated for a new library, but pending construction of a building, the area was still being serviced by Bookmobile in 1995. The Conifer High School, opened in 1996, has a dual-use library available to both the school and the public.|