This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||1120 Washington Ave., Golden|
|Section||S27, T35, R70W|
|Source||Norman, Cathleen, "Golden Old & New," p.25; Simmons, Laurie R. and Christine Whiteacre, "Survey of Historic Buildings," 5JF542; Noel, Thomas, "Buildings of Colorado," p. 151.|
|History||The Coors Building was built by Perre O. Unger and William A. Wortham in 1906. The two-and-one-half-story, mansard-roofed commercial emporium in pressed red brick is one of the city's best preserved and least altered. This was one of many Colorado saloons built by Adolph Coors in 1906. This business was prohibited when a post-prohibition law banned the breweries from selling their wet goods in taverns. It was renovated in 1992 and in now a J&C gift store.|