This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||Near Old Wadsworth & W. 52nd Ave., Arvada|
|Quad||Arvada, 1965 (1994)|
|Section||S14, T3S, R69W|
|Source||Arapaho County District Court, Div. II, Oct. 4, 1884; Arvada Historical Society, "Waters of Gold," p. 48; State Engineer's "Water Rights Report," p. 386.|
|Seealso||Cort & Graves Ditch|
|History||Located in Water District #7, under Priority #10 (4-30-1861). This ditch diverts water from Clear Creek out of the north bank of Clear Creek. Claimants in 1884 were Simon Cort, John Hughes, J.N. Pace and Oliver Graves. Cort and Graves properties are shown on an early Settlement map of Arvada area. Some water from this ditch was transferred to the City of Golden, June, 17, 1986.|