This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||201 Bear Creek Ave., Morrison, 80465|
|Quad||Morrison, 1965 (1980)|
|Section||S35, T4S, R70W|
|Source||Horton, "Morrison Historical Guide," 1975.|
|History||Morrison's first newspaper, "The Bud", was in existence from 1888 to 1899. Built in the 1880s, it was occupied by Judge Babcock as a dwelling. It also was a meat market run by Tom Morrison, son of the founder of Morrison. It was the Morrison Post Office after the fire of 1919. It was also the birth place of Harry Gates, as his mother did not make it to Denver. On Harry's first birthday, everyone in Morrison was invited to his party--it was quite a large party.|