This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||Opens on Tucker Gulch from the N.|
|Quad||Ralston Buttes, 1942 (1965, 1971)|
|Section||S11,13,14, T3S, R71W|
|Source||Interview, Oscar Dahlberg, Golden Gate Canyon Rancher, May 1994.|
|History||About 1.5 miles long, Crawford Gulch drains on the south side of Bowser Hill. Origin of name is unknown. It is currently used by the post office to designate a mail delivery route extending from Tucker Gulch to the south end of Drew Hill Road, about 3 miles. Crawford Gulch did not have a road through the bottom to Tucker Gulch until c. 1900.|