This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||Near Bergen Park, 80439|
|Quad||Evergreen, 1965, (1979)|
|Section||S20, T4S, R71W|
|Source||Hamilton, "Our Memories Of Bergen Park"; Scott, "Historic Trail Map of the Greater Denver Area, Colorado"; Interview, Hazel Humphrey, long-time local resident, 1993.|
|History||A location, stage stop, tavern, and post office, Cresswell was located on what is now Cty. Rd. 65 about one-half mile northwest of Bergen Park. Cresswell was owned by W.G. Ames, was built c.1860 and operated until about 1870.|