This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||5 mi. S. of Phillipsburg|
|Quad||Indian Hills, 1965 (1994)|
|Section||S27, T6S, R70W|
|Source||Moynihan & Waters, "Mountain Memories".|
|Other||Critchell; Critchell Post Office; Lamb School|
|History||An early school opened for school children in the early 1880s until the Lamb School opened in 1887. The Lamb School was located on a high knoll south of Phillipsburg. Classes were held only during spring and summer months due to it's location. Nine families founded the district in 1887 with 19 children enrolled. It was the one school where Columbine, the state flower bloomed all around the school yard. In 1942 the school closed.|