This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||5 mi. S.W. of Pine on the N. Fork of the S. Platte River|
|Quad||Green Mountain, 1954 (1984)|
|Section||S8, T7S, R71W|
|Source||National Archives, Wash. D.C., Record of Appointments of Postmasters, Colorado.|
|History||The town's name came from its postmaster, Terry Crosson, as recorded in 1879. William J. Haughtaling was post master on April 16,1885, and the post office closed August 25,1885, with mail sent to Estabrook PostOffice in Park County.|