This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||10-12 miles south of Golden|
|Quad||Evergreen, 1965 (1979)|
|Source||"Colorado Transcript" February 24, 1875.|
|History||Cub Creek District was one of 4 copper mine districts in Jefferson County during the 1870s. Its mines included the Alps, Pocahontas and Woodbine.|