This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||Simms St. & W. 72nd Ave., Arvada|
|Quad||Golden, 1965 (1994)|
|Section||S5, T3S, R69W|
|Source||Arapahoe Dist. Court, Div. II Proceedings, Oct. 4, 1884; Arvada Historical Society, "Waters of Gold," p. 25 & "More Than Gold," Frontispiece; "Willit's 1899 Farm Map"; State Engineer, "Water Rights Report," 6-1989, p. 384.|
|Seealso||Oak Street, Davis Lane|
|History||Located in Water District #7, under Priority date, 5-11-1878, this ditch originates from the north bank of Leyden Creek. Claimants in 1884 were Mary A. Davis and Charles M. Brown. Mary A. Davis, daughter of pioneer Harpin Davis, was a property owner in Section 4, Township 3 South, Range 69 West, east of present-day Oak Street.|