This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||E. of Simms between W. 64th & W. 72nd Ave., Arvada|
|Quad||Golden, 1965 (1994)|
|Section||S4, T3S, R69W|
|Source||Arapahoe District Court, Div. II Proceedings, Oct. 4, 1884; State Engineer, "Water Rights Report," June 1989, p. 389; Arvada Historical Society, "More Than Gold," Frontispiece; "Willit's 1899 Farm Map".|
|Seealso||Oak Street, Davis Lane|
|History||Located in Water District #7, under Priority #12 (5-26-1865). This ditch diverts water out of the north bank of Ralston Creek. Claimants in 1884 were area farmers Charles Rand, Charles M. Brown & Harpin Davis. The ditch was abandoned January 30, 1981.|