This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||580 S. Harlan St., Lakewood, 80226|
|Section||S12, T4S, R69W|
|Source||R-1 School List, 1990-1991.|
|History||Built in 1955. Originally named Smith Alameda Elementary and for the geographical area. In 1983 it was named to honor Mary and Ilene Deane, sisters who worked 25 years for the school district. They both began teaching in 1957 and retired in 1982.|