This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||215 Bear Creek Ave., Morrison, 80465|
|Quad||Morrison, 1965 (1980)|
|Section||S35, T4S, R70W|
|Source||Morrison Historical Guide - research by Lorene Horton, 1975.|
|History||Dean's Grocery Store built ca. 1890 by John Ross. There was a dance hall upstairs, and on Sunday it was the Episcopal Sunday School taught by Mrs. Mary Chattie Ross, John's wife. From 1924 to 1946 it was Peinze's Grocery Store.|