This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||29614 Upper Bear Creek Rd., Evergreen, 80439|
|Section||S9, T5S, R71W|
|Source||Sternberg, "Evergreen Our Mountain Community," p. 105; Denver Mountain Parks Records.|
|History||A Denver Mountain Park of 420 acres acquired by condemnation in 1919 for $25,000 from heirs of French pioneers Jerome and Mary de Disse. The Evergreen Dam was built on the property in 1926-1927. The Park features fireplaces, picnic areas, shelter house, golf course, skating in winter, fishing , volleyball, club and warming house. Early photos show hay meadows and ranch buildings in the area now covered by Evergreen Lake. The spelling of the name varies. The park was listed on the National Register of Historic Places (5JF645) on November 15, 1990.|