This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||9201 S. Carr St., Littleton, 80123|
|Quad||Littleton, 1964 (1980)|
|Section||S10, T6S, R69W|
|Source||"Green Thumb," pp. 37-39.|
|History||The one room school house on the bank of Deer Creek was built in 1883 and was closed in 1950. The first teacher was Mrs. McWilliams, followed by Mrs. Bill Allen. The pupils who rode to school on horseback were children of local farmers and workers at Denver's Waterworks at Waterton and the Great Western Sugar Company beet dump on the Platte River. There were 15 to 20 pupils in eight grades. The school house was moved a short distance to the west from its original location and serves as the visitors' center for the Chatfield Arboretum of the Denver Botanic Gardens.|