This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Source||Cultural Contexts report, 2004, p 17|
|History||from the Cultural Contexts report, 2004 Denver, Auraria & South Park Wagon Road (1859) This toll road was incorporated by J. H. Cochran, Samuel Brown, and Joseph Brown. It originated at Denver-Auraria and ran south to Piedmont (later the Bradford townsite) in the north end of Ken Caryl Valley. It was intended to reach South Park. Apparently the incorporators built the road southwest from Denver, but the west leg from Bradford into the mountains was constructed by Major Robert Bradford as the Denver, Bradford & Blue River Road.|