This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||West 29th Avenue, Sheridan Boulevard to Wadsworth Boulevard Wheatridge, CO. 80033|
|Quad||Arvada 1965 (1980)|
|Section||S25,26 T3S R69W|
|Elevation||5466 to 5500|
|Source||Jones, W. C. "Mile High Trolleys," pp. 21-22.|
|History||A need for public transportation led Crown Hill to secure a charter for this trolley in November, 1910. This electric line ran from 29th Avenue and Sheridan Boulevard west to Wadsworth Boulevard, plus a short segment of track south on Wadsworth for the car to enter and then proceed east, back to Sheridan. This was a "jitney" double ended car so it had no need for "turn around." It normally operated only until early evening. Funeral trains ran straight through (no stops) with extra cars used if needed. The last run was on Memorial Day, May 30, 1928. It was replaced by a small bus. The electric power, night time storage and maintenance was supplied by Denver Tramway Company.|