This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||5200 to 7600 West 29th Ave. Wheatridge, CO 80033|
|Quad||Arvada, 1965 (1980)|
|Section||S25&26, T3S, R69W|
|Elevation||5466 to 5500|
|Source||W.C. Jones, et.al Mile High Trolleys pp21&22. The Arvada Sun, March 3, 1911.|
|Other||Columbia Heights School|
|History||When Crown Hill Cemetery wanted trolley service they built their own electric line from the end of the Tramway Line at West 29th Ave. and Sheridan Blvd. to West 29th Ave. and Wadsworth Blvd., a distance of a 1.5 miles. This line was chartered in November, 1910 and continued to operate until May 30, 1928 when a small bus replaced it. Maintenance and electric power were supplied by the Denver Tramway. It was a "jitney" run with one car which was a double ended car and avoided a need for a turnaround. Funeral trains operated straight through to Crown Hill Cemetery as did a few cars providing extra service. The car was stored in the north division barn. It normally operated until early evening.|