This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||Bounded by Building #56 and North Ave. to the north, Center Ave. to the south, Fifth St. to the east, and Sixth St. to the west, Lakewood 80225|
|Quad||Fort Logan, 1965 (1994)|
|Section||S9, T4S, R69W|
|Source||Historic Building Inventory Form #5JFF1048.11, 1996, CHS|
|History||Designed by the architectural firm of Smith, Hinchman, & Gryles of Detroit Michigan, and built by Broderick & Gordon in 1941, this 13,200 sq. foot, one-story brick walled structure was originally used for storage. The north and west elevations have window openings with concrete cells which start at about 7 feet high, but which have all been filled in with brick. The majority of the south elevation windows also have been filled in with brick. The east elevation's loading dock had been inclosed with brick.|