This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||Bounded by Federal Ave. to the north, Federal Ave. to the south, Fourth St. to the east, and Fith St. to the west, within the Denver Federal Center, Lakewood, 80225|
|Quad||Fort Logan, 1965 (1994)|
|Section||S9, T4S, R69W|
|Source||Historic Building inventory #5JF1048.5, 1996, CHS|
|History||Designed by the architectural firm of Smith, Hinchman & Griles of Detroit, Michigan, this 51,110 sq. foot building was built by Broderick & Gordon in 1941. This building served as the administrative offices and for the US Army Dept. of Ordnance health center for the Denver Ordnance Plant during World War II. This building is a basic "T" plan, two-story structure with brick exterior walls. The roof is concrete with a two-foot overhanging eaves. The main entrance is located at the top of the "T" on the southern elevation, to the left of that elevation's center. Relatively few renovations have been made to this building. In 1978, handicapped provisions were made to the entrance and lavatories.|