This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||N.E. entrance to the Denver Federal Center at the corner of Kipling St. and Center Ave., Denver Federal Center 80225|
|Quad||Fort Logan, 1965 (1994)|
|Section||S9, T4S, R69W|
|Source||Historic Building Inventory Record #5JF1048.1, 1996, Colorado Historical Society.|
|History||This one-story, 2,250 sq. ft., brick building was constructed in 1941. This structure was a Gate House for the Denver Ordnance Plant. Originally, the building was a basic "L" plan and except for the plywood covering the east entrance, the exterior of the older, southern section has not been altered since World War II. Originally, the north elevation of the section had a storage area covered by an open frame roof. In 1969, this roofed area was replaced with the current brick section. The building's present use is for governmental offices and labs.|