This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||Bounded by building #60 to the north, Main Ave. to the south, Sixth Ave. to the east, and building #61 and Seventh St. to the west, Lakewood 80225|
|Quad||Fort Logan, 1965 (1994)|
|Section||S9, T4S, R69W|
|Source||Historic Building Inventory Form #5JF1048.13, 1996, CHS|
|History||The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers built this underground, single-level, 2,500 sq. foot structure in 1960. This building is a metal quonset constructed of deep corrugated metal with ribs 10 to 12 inches deep. It is partially below ground, with several feet of earth fill covering the top of this structure. The exterior appears as a large rectangular earth mound having four vent stacks at the top. The north elevation of the structure has a small front-gabled wood frame section about 10 feet long which covers the north elevation entrance to the bunker. The structure is abandoned and its interior bare. There is a small wood frame enclosure on the west side of the interior. This was added to the National Register of Historic Places on December 16, 1999 (5JF.1048.13).|