This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||Denver Federal Center, 6th Ave. and Kipling St.|
|Quad||Fort Logan, 1965 (1994)|
|Section||S9, T4S, R69W|
|Source||Historic Building Inventory Record #5JF515, CHS|
|History||Designed by Smith Hinchman &Inc., Architects and Engineers of Detroit, Michigan, and built in 1941. The guard tower is 10 feet by 10 feet at the base. The upper portion projects two feet over the base on the right hand side. The single room at the top of the tower has bullet proof windows and metal sheeting, also bullet proof, below the windows. Tear-drop shaped openings are found on each view of the metal sheeting. The openings were to allow the guard to fire from the tower. A spot light still occupies the roof. Siding was added to the tower base in the 1950s.|