This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||Lakeside to Leyden|
|Quad||Arvada, 1950; Golden, 1944|
|Section||S13, T3S, R69W; S26, T2S, R70W|
|Source||Le Massena, "Colorado's Mountain Railroads," "Eichler Place Name List," "Colorado Gazeteer for Jefferson County," Arvada Historical Society. "More Than Gold," pp. 86-93; Wilkins, "Colorado Railroads," pp. 137, 143.|
|Other||Denver and Northwestern Electric Railway|
|History||The electric railway was in operation in 1903 to the Leyden coal mines. In 1913, this line was absorbed by the Denver City Tramway company. By 1950, all electrical tramway systems were abandoned and the tracks removed. Later, Remington Arms Plant Spur, from a point near Morningside Station to the Federal Center, was constructed at federal government expense by the trackage rights over the Denver and the Intermountain Railway system. It was later taken over by the United States government in 1941.|