This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||Right-of-way extends from Morrison Road on Rooney Road, N. to Rooney Ranch and turns E. to Garfield Quarry and Satanic Mine site.|
|Quad||Morrison, 1965 (1994)|
|Section||S23, 25, 26, 35 & 36, T4S, R70W|
|Source||State Inventory Form, Thomas P. Lyons, 1975, Hiwan Homestead Museum Library.|
|Other||Garfield Quarry, Satanic Mine|
|History||In 1878, the Denver, South Park & Pacific Railroad built the narrow gauge Garfield Branch to the Garfield Quarry and Satanic Mine site. Bandimere Speedway and Interstate C-470 have destroyed portions of the road bed's right-of-way.|