This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||Denver to Fairplay|
|Quad||Pine, 1965 (1985)|
|Source||"Recipes & Anecdotes of the North Fork Volunteer Fire Depa rtment"; Pine, Colorado Train Information, by David Rainey.|
|Other||Buffalo Creek community|
|History||Constructed in 1878 and became the South Park Division of the Union Pacific Railroad in 1881. It was reorganized in 1889 and named Denver, Leadville & Gunnison Railroad, sold to the Colorado & Southern Railroad in 1898 and continued to operate until the line was discontinued in April 1937. From a 1922 timetable, some of the stops listed in Jefferson County were Waterton, South Platte, Buffalo, Pine Grove, Crystal Lake, and Crossons.|