This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||80th Ave. & Simms St., Arvada|
|Quad||Golden, 1965 (1980)|
|Section||S32, T2S, R69W|
|Source||Arvada Historical Society, "More Than Gold," pp. 130-131.|
|History||District 49 was formed from the northern part of District No. 6. Rufus Belgin, youngest son of pioneer Solomon Belgin, gave the three-acre site for the school. When the school was no longer needed in 1904, it was deeded back to Rufus Belgin. Half of the school still stands on the Belgin property and the other half was given to Camp Id-Ra-Ha-Je and moved to Bailey, Colo.|