This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||Headgate, W. of Carr St., S. of 74th Ave., Arvada|
|Quad||Arvada, 1965 (1994)|
|Section||S34, T2S, R69W|
|Source||Arvada Historical Society, "More Than Gold," Frontispiece; "Willit's 1899 Farm Map"; Interview, Walter Weingarten, Irrigationist, April 25, 1990; "History of Westminster, 1911-1961"; State Engineer, "Water Rights Report," 6-1989, p. 383.|
|History||Now abandoned, this ditch diverted water from Farmer's Highline Canal and ran northeast into Westminster in Adams County. Built by the first resident of Westminster, Pleasant Despain, to supply water to settlers in the area. Records of the State Engineer show water was adjudicated to "Despain Dry Creek Feeder" in October 9, 1895, appropriation date February 22, 1897. This ditch is also shown on 1915 "Map of Denver and Surroundings," by R.W. Gelder, C.E. of Greeley.|