This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||between Morrison and Golden|
|Source||Denver Municipal Facts, March-April, 1925|
|Other||Hogback Road; SH 93 & 26|
|History||"Dinosaur Trail, at foot of mountain from which fossil monsters were taken for eastern museum, connects Morrison and Golden, eight miles. Park of the Red Rocks, one-half mile northwest of Morrison. Three miles northwest is the entrance to Mount Vernon Canyon; state road leads to Genesee Park. Two and one-half miles south of Morrison is the entrance to Turkey Creek Canyon, the main road to Shaffer's Crossing and Bailey's on the South Platte."|