This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||4901 N. Marshall St., Wheat Ridge, 80033|
|Quad||Arvada, 1965 (1980)|
|Section||S14, T3S, R69W|
|Source||Disabled American Veteran Auxiliary Records.|
|History||By 1946, the Disabled American Veterans purchased the property from the Vasa Building Club. Members of the purchasing committee were: Clyde Beugley, Robert Frazell, Robert Wilson, Wally Whiting, Carl Hood, and Robert Montgomery. The DAV Chapter #22 was named for George G. Klumker, age 19, first known casualty from Arvada killed in World War II For years the Chapter received their mail in Arvada. When Wheat Ridge was incorporated the property was under the jurisdiction of Wheat Ridge, which changed the mailing address to Wheat Ridge, 80033.|