This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||7 mi. N.E., downstream, from Buffalo Creek on Cty. Rd. 96|
|Quad||Platte Canyon, 1965 (1985)|
|Section||S26, T7S, R70W|
|Source||U.S. Postal Document, National Archives, Washinton D.C.|
|Other||Dome Rock; Colorado & Southern Railroad|
|History||The first postmaster recorded in July 1880 was Frank B. Ross,who served until 1880. On March 1, 1886, a Ulysses S.Grant was registered. This entry had to have been made by a namesake or prankster since the former United States president and Union Army general died the year previously, July 23, 1885. The office was discontinued May 11,1886.|