This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Quad||Evergreen 1965 (1979)|
|Section||S10, T5S, R71W|
|Source||Sternberg, "Evergreen Our Mountain Community", p. 209.|
|History||In 1937, this was one of the first Evergreen subdivisions planned for year-round homes. Dr. Josepha Douglas, wife of Canon Douglas, developed of 34 one-acre home sites just above Main Street. Named after the Douglas family.|