This is an early beta version that’s still a work in progress. We hope to develop and refine the contents going forward. In the meantime, we’re making it fully available to the public as-is. Started by the Jefferson County Historical Commission in the 1990s, it was transferred to the Golden History Museum-City of Golden in 2020.
|Address||25th and Gray Edgewater, 80214|
|Quad||Fort Logan, 1965 (1994)|
|Section||S35, T3S, R69W|
|Source||Allison, Judith, "Edgewater Four Score," p.26|
|History||"In 1915 the Edgewater Volunteer Fire Department was founded and assigned station number thirteen by the State for being the thirteenth company in Colorado to organize. Contributions were solicited from residents to buy two hand pulled hose carts. Fire shacks were set up at 25th and Benton and 25th and Gray. Each Company had a two-wheel hose cart purchased with donations. In 1927, the Fire Department became motorized by purchasing a Dodge truck for $250.00. In 1932, the Fire Department moved to 25th and Gray, which was a remodeled version of the Old Baptist Church that would later become a modern town hall. In 1973, a new fire department was dedicated at 25th and Gray."|